Pages

Thursday 29 November 2012

Another Snow Much Fun


I love the snowmen in the Snow Much Fun set.  They are so easy to work with and have been perfect for me to use for my commission cards.  This is another in a set for my Aunt to give to her grandchildren.  This time, her teenage granddaughter, so I've given him a more grown up feel and trendy colours.  

Don't you love purple and green together?  I've used Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum on my card today.  The background panel was embossed with Perfect Polka Dots.  I stamped my snowman in Marina Mist then punched him out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  I've coloured him using Stampin' Write Markers from my subtles pack.  He has a little sparkle on his buttons and pom pom from using Silver Dazzling Details Glitter Glue.  I attached him to the main panel using Dimensionals.  "Granddaughter" and "Merry Christmas" are from For My Family and I used the Decorative Label Punch to punch them out.  Then I attached them under the main panel.  

This weeks cue card from CASology is Time 


It took me a bit of time to think about this.  Then I thought about taking time out.  So my card is about taking time to enjoy the simple things in life such as playing in the snow, sledging, snow ball fights, building snow men.  I'm the first to complain when the snow arrives.  It's difficult to get about and it's cold and I hate driving in it.  But it does make us all slow down, literally.  I've had great fun days with my kids doing all those snowy activities when adults can also be kids again.  
When's the last time you sledged down a hill? 

Ok enough rambling and having said all that please don't snow yet!!! 

I'd also like to enter this into Addicted to CAS which has a code word of Snow.



Thanks for your visit.  Keep cosy. x 


Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up!

Card - Whisper White, Certainly Cerlery, Perfect Plum
Ink - Marina Mist, Perfect Plum
Stamp - Snow Much Fun, For My Family
Punch - Decorative Label, 2 1/2" Circle
Stampin' Write Markers - Various from the Subtles set
Other - Dimensionals, Silver Dazzling Details Glitter Glue

Second last day for the gift with purchase promotion and the free papers when you join promotion. Get in touch now if you don't want to miss out on these fab offers!


If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way direct to your home in the UK, Deutchsland, France, Nederland or Osterreich.  


  


12 comments:

Ardyth said...

Adorable image and wonderful non-traditional colour combination! Thanks so much for finding TIME to play along with CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Very sweet card!

Bonnie said...

Love these colors and it's been a long time since I sledded down a hill or even took the time to make a snowball!

Annette said...

Gorgeous snowman cards. Bet your auntie is really delighted with them.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Aileen - love the Snowman and your beautiful card design (Certain Celery is one of my all-time favourite SU colours).

I like to see the snow when it's clean and crisp, but it's not so good when it starts to get sludgy! The last time I went downhill in the snow (on a sledge)!!, was about 40 years ago when my Daughter and Son were very young!!
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Kylie said...

Great colours! I love using purple on Christmas cards. That snowman is way cute! Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge at ATCAS! xx

Jen W. said...

Great interpretation of the cue word. I can always use a reminder to slow down and take time to enjoy things. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Aileen I love the thought that was put into your theme. Ahh simpler times. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aileen, thanks so much for joining us for our first ever challenge at Addicted to Cas so lovely to see you here and with such a gorgeous card. Your snowman is fab and love the non traditional colours, this has to be one of my favourite colour combinations.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Aileen, thanks so much for joining us for our first ever challenge at Addicted to Cas so lovely to see you here and with such a gorgeous card. Your snowman is fab and love the non traditional colours, this has to be one of my favourite colour combinations.

Marie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE this image as you say very grown up, Great colour combo too.

Rosemary said...

wonderful interpretation of the cue world, aileen! thanks so much for playing along with CASolgy each week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...