Pages

Saturday 12 February 2011

Less Is More Single Layer Card

Well this weeks challenge from Less is More certainly got me thinking.  The card had to be one layer with a theme of flowers or trees.

I knew what I wanted to do however I haven't made a card using a white base and have never made one as one layer before either so wasn't sure how it would work out.   Onto the card that I made -


Using whisper white as my card base I teamed up Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.  First of all I punched out a scallop square in scrap paper to act as a mask and sponged the edges with Baja Breeze.  The flower was centered in the middle of each one using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and is from the Sale-A-Bration set Sweet Summer.  I used a blender pen to colour the flowers with Baja Breeze.  The sentiment is from another Sale-A-Bration set  - So Happy For You.  Both the flowers and the sentiment were inked with the Not Quite Navy.  

Certainly this makes for a very inexpensive card! 

Materials Used
All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated

Card Stock -  Whisper White
Stamp Sets - Sweet Summer, So Happy For You
Ink - Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy 

Was not happy with my photography on this one at all.  Took more attempts at that than I did making the card. Lol x

Thanks for looking. x 

39 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Super card, love it

Ali x

Chrissie said...

Brilliant idea Aileen!
I hadn't thought of doing sponging this way round before... it works really well!
Thanks for joining us again Aileen, we really appreciate your participation!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gibmiss said...

Hi Aileen
Fab card ...lovely
hugs
sylvie
xxxx

KatheD said...

LOVE this card - fabulous sponged scalloped squares - I'll be holding this idea for a (near) future use!

Faye said...

Love that fabulous masking job.

Larissa said...

So cute!! Love the sponged squares.

Hugs,
Larissa

Lynne said...

Very pretty card.
Lynne xxx

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Fabulous card and great idea with the sponging, will have to give it a try. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Suze Bain said...

Love the card, great effect with the sponging.

Caroline Hallett said...

thats a lovely card, and a clever technique too - thanks

Marlou McAlees said...

what a fab card!! :)

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the way you sponged around the scalloped squares - it makes the flowers pop!! Super sweet flowers too! Fab card!

Viv said...

Great card.... deffo going to try the scallop idea - it looks fab!

Susan said...

You did an awesome job with this card! I LOVE the scalloped shape and the way you sponged it...give it so much depth!!

Margaret said...

This is a lovely card Aileen, and I love this set it's so versatile
Margaret x

Mandi said...

I love your 'reverse' sponging technique, looks soft and subtle and perfect for our challenge

Thank you for participating again Aileen

mandi
"Less is More"

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Great card. I love using the mask and sponge technique too. This is such a pretty colour.
Sharon xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card - love the sponging, it's very effective :o) Lisa x

Sarn said...

This is lovely. Very creative and effective.
Hugs, Sandra

Sue said...

aileen i love your card, simply stunning:)

sue
xx

Sally H said...

This is wonderful! What an amazing job you have done!

Stamps and Paper said...

An elegant card, very creative, love it.

Anne

Jane said...

Beautiful lovely colours x

Anonymous said...

Great idea Aileen, very pretty.

Hugs
Brenda

Maureen said...

Lovely card and I like the colour you have chosen and how you have blended it.
Maureen.....x

Monica said...

Very pretty card... love the distressed effect. So clever.

I am a follower...

xxx Monica

Kathyk said...

Smashing card

Kathyk

An Occasional Genius said...

What a great idea & such a pretty card x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is gorgeous... love your shading technique and the soft blue.
Caroline xxx

Jose said...

Excellent card, and love the amount of white space you still have.
Jose

Vicky Hayes said...

Well worth all your efforts - it's very classy! Sponging outside the mask is a great technique.

Kathleen said...

What a great idea, I love it.
Kath x

Diane said...

A really elegant card....love it!
Diane (justaddglueto)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

BEAUTIFUL AQUA CARD--

Diane
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Toulouse said...

Thank you for your blog comments on my attempt, I am very flattered having looked at your lovely cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the layout it's a lovely card.

Gina said...

I like the effect you have achieved with the sponging around a mask, I will certainly try this great idea. The card is simple and elegant - great.
Gina x

Sue said...

Very pretty card Aileen. Love how you've done the scalloped squares. Sue.x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous I love the sponging effect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...