Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

Baroque Motifs Gift card

  

I would like to share with you the Thank You cards that I made for friends and family.  This is also the card we made in our first card class of the year.  (check under Events for future class dates)

I decided to stick with christmas colours, real red and old olive but not an overly christmas theme.  The main image is from the Baroque Motifs stamp set.  The edges of the whisper white card are inked using old olive and a small amount of real red.  I used rich razzleberry to ink the edges of the real red card stock.  It so easy to do this with the sponge daubers.

The sentiment was from Basic Phrases and punched out using the word window punch then attached with a couple of dimensionals.

And here's the inside -



I wanted to send more than just a card, so made a box to hold a treat, in this case a sachet of hot chocolate.  The tag on the opposite side is tucked into a pocket.  On the back of the tag I printed out a message detailing our thanks for the presents received.  The front of the tag is also stamped from the Baroque Motifs set and then mounted onto old olive card stock.   I used an eyelet for the ribbon to go through.  I am so impressed with the crop-a-dile and wish I had had one years ago when I used to use a noisy hammer to set eyelets! 

The box and pocket were decorated with the Baroque Border wheel and inked the same way as the front.  

My husband and I made up a little rhyme to go with the hot drink box.  We are not poets but here is what it says - A thank you drink, that will heat you up, all you have to do, is put it in a cup!  I did say we weren't poets but I think it's a cute little message.  I printed this out on whisper white from my computer and used the scallop circle punch.  Then attached it using dimensionals. 

I hope my friends and relatives are surprised and enjoy their special thank you card.

This is a great time to build up your stash, as each time you spend £45 you earn a free stamp set from the Sale-a Bration leaflet.  Why not team up 

Baroque Motifs Stamp Set £28.95
Baroque Border £6.50
Stampin' Around Standard Handle £3.25
Sponge Daubers £8.75 
Total £47.45 

Got some of these items already?  Then swap those items for something else out of the catalogue to make up a total of £45.  Postage is £4.95 but free for orders over £60.  

Happy crafting. x 

1 comment:

Suze Bain said...

What a great card and very versatile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...