Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Learner Drivers!




Finally some scrapbooking!!  I can't tell you how long it's been since I last sat down to do some scrapbooking but it feels like forever!  I was soooo rusty too.

This is a page from a holiday to DisneyWorld Orlando.  We are on the Tomorrowland Speedway and Holly is in the driving seat with big brother driving in the car behind.  She was concentrating so hard and wanted to steer perfectly all the way round.  She did a pretty good job too.

I started off with a Basic Black 12" by 12" sheet and teamed the photos up with the Celebrations Designer Paper.  I used the Top Note Bigz Die to make a little feature with the designer paper using the pattern with all the arrows pointing in different directions.  This was mounted with a Real Red top note die cut.  I also used Real Red card to mount the photo of Dad and Ross driving behind.  The journalling was written on another piece of Celebrations Designer paper and again mounted onto Real Red card.  I was pleased to find that I had 3 brads in my stash which looked a lot like the steering wheel and added them to the top.

Sounds simples but it must have sat on my desk for about 3 days before finally I got it finished.  I did say I was rusty!

Anyways I hope this has inspired you to take a look at Stampin' Up! supplies when thinking about your scrapbooking pages as it's not just all about cards.

Thanks for looking. x

Materials used
All Stampin' Up! supplies unless otherwise stated

Card - Basic Black, Real Red
Paper - Celebrations
Other - Top Note Bigz Die, Brads from my stash

2 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Bet it feels good to have done a bit of scrapbooking again. Great layout, the eye really flows from the photos to the text. xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great page Aileen! It's so worth finding the time to keep those memories - even a year down the line I forget the things that happened.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...