Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

Giving it a Go!


I've had a brayer for quite a while and I'm ashamed to say that it's stayed in it's box.  However not any more because one of the fun things about crafting is having a go at different techniques and just experimenting.  With loads of tutorials on the internet it's easy to try out these techniques for yourself.  You can also use the brayer to ink up large stamps to give an even coverage.

I went with a simple sunset scene.  I punched out a circle from scrap to make a mask.  Then rollered with So Saffron, over this with Real Red stopping short of the bottom and finally with Rich Razzleberry again stopping a little further up.  I stamped the large ferns from Just Believe in Basic Black and mounted it onto a rectangle of Basic Black.  I added a strip of Rich Razzleberry ribbon onto the same colour card then attached this to a Basic Black card base.  The main picture was then added to the front.

Now that I've broken the ice with the brayer so to speak I'll have to practice some more.

Thanks for coming over to visit and a big welcome to Kim.  Thanks for following I hope you come by often. x

Materials Used
All stampin' Up! supplies unless otherwise stated

Card - Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink - So Saffron, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Stamps - Just Believe
Ribbon - Rich Razzleberry
Other - Brayer

6 comments:

Suze Bain said...

What a fab sunset, well done you. (I've tried this once - was rubbish - so it went back in the box!). Think you might need to give me a lesson. xx

Kim S said...

Absolutely gorgeous colors - so very rich! You need to keep your brayer out and use it often!

Jacki Daniels said...

This is your first attempt well it's beautiful I love wht you have done the card is stunning
Jacki xx

Lynn said...

A lovely sunset. Well done on your first attempt. I too have a brayer, and I have tried a few techniques. Watch Barbara Gray shows on Create and Craft for some fab ideas. Lynn x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card great work with the brayer XOXO Zoe

Vicky Hayes said...

This is gorgeous! I love the rich colours you've used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...