Pages

Saturday 4 February 2012

Happy Birthday LIM!!


Can't believe it's been a year since I entered into my first challenge blog - LESS IS MORE.  This past year I've learned so many new techniques and improved on my card making mainly due to this challenge blog.  So I'm sending a big thank you to Mandi and Chrissie for their encouragement and comments.  And is it's their 1yr Birthday, my first card is a birthday card. 

This weeks challenge is to use the colour AQUA.  I've used Baja Breeze on both my cards today.  As it's been such crisp weather recently and we were expecting snow (didn't come though just some sleet) I used the Baja Breeze to create a crisp sky.  

Then thinking about my own big birthday which is not for a few years yet but is unfortunately on the horizon, I decided on some balloons floating away in the sky.  As these have numbers on them, the numbers are also floating away.  After all birthdays are only a number.  Must keep reminding myself of this as it creeps closer! 

My next card is for all the lovely friends I've made. 


One of my favourite past times is to meet up with friends and go for a coffee.  Doesn't do anything for my waist line but is great for the soul! 

I've seen such wonderful cards recently and wanted to try my hand at creating a window.  The row of coffee/tea cups are attached to the card base behind.  I stamped friends and clear embossed it.  I was also thinking of Mandi and Chrissie whilst making this as they do such a wonderful job commenting on all our entries I'm sure they need a cup of tea or perhaps something stronger! 

Thanks for popping in past and do have a look round the other entries, they are a very creative bunch. Take care and stay warm. x 


Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up!

Card - Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink - Baja Breeze
Stamps - Party This Way, Happiest Birthday Wishes, Just Believe
Wheel - Take a Sip
Other - Dimensionals

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  Oh and don't forget to let me know which one of the free sets you would like if your order reaches £45. x



20 comments:

Gillian R said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen. You were lucky escaping the snow. We got some in our part of the NE but thankfully it didn't lie.

Chrissie said...

Mine's a G&T please Aileen!
Thanks for your kind words... these are both fab cards, it would be difficult to choose a fave!
Thanks so much for your continued support.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Brilliant cards Aileen, especially love the aperture for the cups to peek through :0)
Jenny x

Mandi said...

I'd not say no to something stronger Aileen, thank you!
Thanks for your kind words
Both your cards are FAB, love the second
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Valerie-Jael said...

Two wonderful cards again! Valerie

Debby said...

I like the first one! The balloons are very nice and the sentiment, a little in blue and a little not, is nice this way!
Debby

Suzilou said...

Both cards a great, love the window card with mugs of steaming....hot chocolate? .... Tea?... or maybe a hot toddy :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards, love the balloons on the first one, and the idea and card of the second.

Vicky Hayes said...

Both are lovely cards Aileen but the window card is my favourite. I'd definitely be choosing hot chocolate, topped with a whirl of whipped cream and some flaked chocolate on top - it's snowing heavily here in Buckingham!

Margaret said...

Both lovely cards Aileen. Mine would be a coffee! :0)
Margaret x

Unknown said...

Aileen, Beautifull cards. I loved the first one with the balloons,

Margreet

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful aqua colours Aileen - love the 'cuppa' roller. xx

Wishcraft said...

Both lovely cards Aileen, fab designs and love the soft aqua shade you've used :o) Lisa x

Jenni's Jems said...

Those balloons are fab and totally agree that age is just a number but wish mine was not such a big one ....x

Diane said...

Wonderful cards Aileen, The colour challenge this week is fab and you have used it beautifully, both cards gorgeous but the frame is perfect.
Diane

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

fab creations

ali x

Bonnie said...

Such pretty balloons in that aqua sky! Love the window card too.

Kathyk said...

Two fab cards - love those birthday balloons!

Kathyk

Viv said...

Two super cards well done :) Viv xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great cards Aileen. I love the LIM birthday card, and the aperture card is just wonderful too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...