Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2011

I'm going Crackers!



My Sister-in-law asked if I could help with a project making Crackers and here are my attempts at a couple of samples.  I found a tutorial here.  It is really easy to follow.  I've made both my crackers using Designer Series Paper from last years catalogue but it will also look great in Very Vanilla or Whisper White with your own stamped design on it.  This is the way I'll be making them with my Sister-in-law. 

The first cracker has a tag from Tags till Christmas on it.  The second one is more contemporary and I've used the Fun Flowers Die to make the topper.  I like this one because who says Crackers should just be for Christmas?  I think you could use this design all year round. 


Imagine the excitement when you put these on the table and everyone trying to guess what's inside.  You can buy cracker snappers separately and then fill your cracker with a little gift - sweets, lottery ticket, hair slides for a girl, pen etc.  Well I'm sure you can think of even more fab ideas!  A little tag with the recipients name attached to one end will keep you right so they don't get mixed up but you never know it could be funny if you didn't and made it a game of trying to guess who the present was for originally! 

I'll leave you with that little thought.  Thanks for coming and visiting me. x 

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely crackers! I've never tried making my own, perhaps I should! Valerie

Jenny said...

ooo crackers all year round sounds great :)
i made ours last year and it's much nicer to give a gift that's wanted of useful....mine where from a kit but these are a fantastic...love the use of PP for them :)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

Well you know which one I like best! The Baja Breeze is gorgeous but the stripey one is great for the men & the kids. xx

Vicky said...

They are gorgeous Aileen...

big hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

They're brilliant Aileen! I'll have a box of twelve please, lol!
xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These look fantastic Aileen and I agree it's so much nicer to put in little gifts that are specifically for each guest. Or mix them up for a laugh as you say... won't be able to stop thinking up funny pairings now! Vx

Bonnie said...

I remember getting crackers when I was a kid. I thought they were so fun! These are beautiful.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful idea and so beautiful too

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...