To say this card evolved is an understatement!
I started with my flower. I love gerberas and the Daisies Bigz Die makes super large flowers. I used a piece of Cherry Cobbler and Real Red card and layered up the petals so you could see both colours. The center is the punched out circle from the Cherry Cobbler middle layer, covered it with Crystal Effects with a pinch of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
So far so good but I'm a bit impatient and this is where the errors started.
1. Dropped the center face down onto the flower.
2. Rescued center but splodge of glitter on petal.
3. Decided to cover up said petal with half a Top Note in Real Red found in my scrap folder.
4. Decided to decorate Top Note with Play Date Designer Series Paper.
5. Being frugal only cut enough to cover half of Top Note Bigz Die.
6. Realised I'd covered wrong half and ended up with a piece too small! Doh
7. Repeated step 5 but made sure it was length ways this time, trimmed just inside stitched design to fit mount.
8. Decided to make it a pocket and leave top open for flower.
9. Tried sentiment out on Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, finally settled on Real Red.
10. Used "Just For You" stamp from Afterthoughts for sentiment.
11. Inked "Just " using Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and stamped.
12. Inked "for you" same way and used Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up.
13. Rounded corners on one end using 3/16" Corner Small punch.
14. Created tail effect by lining up tag in one corner of 1 3/8" Square Extra-Large punch.
15. Mounted tag with dimensionals.
16. Camera out of battery looked for old camera, took lots of photos showing flower in and out.
17. Noticed paper is upside down on Top Note flower container!! Grrrrr
18. Start over, repeated step 5 and step 7 and pieced on top.
19. Added a scallop trim using Scallop Edge Border punch to finish off top edge.
20. Finally finished re took photos, light not so good battery ran out.
After all that glad to say I have a card to show. Here's photos showing the flower in and out of the holder and I thought you could put a gift card behind the flower perhaps even attach it to the gift card as decoration.
I'm entering my card into Casual Fridays Challenge Blog which is to make a CAS card 4" by 9" size. Also, Friday Mashup, this week is to make a card using the colours Turquoise, Red and Black and/or to use a handmade flower. My turquoise is in the designer paper.
Thanks for bearing with me if you've reached the bottom of this post. A big Hi goes out to Jewel thanks for deciding to follow me, hope you pop by often. x