Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day! 

I've been truly spoilt this morning.  We have a double celebration today as it is my Mother's birthday as well.  The children and Granny came into my bedroom bearing gifts for both of us and then we were invited down to a specially reserved table for pancakes.  Very yummy they were too! 

Now that my Mother has received her card I can show it to you. 

I followed the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches which you can see below. 

I wanted to use these delicious papers from the Sale-A-Bration set called Sweet Sorbet.  I always seem to fall in love with the papers Stampin' Up! release for Sale-A-Bration!  You can still make them your own by order by tomorrow and when you spend £45 select them for free!  

My card base is Sahara Sand and I've used mats of Basic Black for a touch of drama.  I stamped and coloured flowers from Fabulous Florets in Crisp Canteloupe using a Blender Pen.  The leaves are stamped and coloured in Summer Starfruit.  I layered the flowers and leaves together, popping the main flower up on a Dimensional, before attaching to Basic Black and fussy cutting out. The sentiment banner is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and die cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits.  I added a large pearl to the main flower to finish off. 

Here's a photo of the middle.  The sentiment is from Occasional Greetings. 


You'll know from looking at my blog, I don't normally do layers or use lots of papers but it was so fun to just go for it.  And after all it is for Mother's Day so an extra lush card was in order! 

This is my lovely goodies.  My daughter made a card and this beautiful paper sculpture.  My my favourite sweets and can you see the little monkey from my new handbag?  


Yummy pancakes! 




I hope all you Mum's have been truly spoilt today too!




Supplies Used
All Stampin' Up!

Card - Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Whisper white
Ink - Summer Starfruit, Crisp Canteloupe, Calypso Coral
Stamp - Fabulous Florets, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Occasional Greetings
Framelits - Bitty Banners
Designer Papers - Sweet Sorbet
Other - Dimensional, Basic Pearls

If you would like to order any of the above or the other supplies from the current catalogues then please get in touch either by e mail ails300@btinternet.com or call 07827923123.  I would be delighted to help you with your crafty projects.  A parcel of lovely goodies could be winging it's way direct to your home in the UK, Deutchsland, France, Nederland or Osterreich.
You can also order using the Shop Now button. 


Only 2 places available in my next Stampers 6 Group starting April.  Get in touch now to put your name down.  I'd love to help you build your stash! 



7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, and love your presents! I have a Kipling bag with a monkey on it, too! Hope you have had a lovely day, Valerie

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card Aileen, love the definition the black gives it and lucky you getting so pampered. Xx

Jenni's Jems said...

As Aileen sounds like you and your mum were truly spoiled and those pancakes looked yummy!! And I'm sure your mum loved her lush card, you work so well with papers x

Cindy Hall said...

I always fall in love with the Sale-A-Bration papers, too, Aileen! This card is so gorgeous. I didn't realize how well Fabulous Florets coordinates with the Sweet Sorbet. Beautiful card, inside and out! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

G Peplow said...

What a lovely beginning to Mother's day, glad you all made an occasion of it :D Your card is very beautiful, love the flowers and dark mats :D Gay xx

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You did your mother proud with this card! It's gorgeous!

Darnell said...

What a wonderful celebration you and your Mum had, Aileen! Thank you for sharing! Your card is extraordinary!! I love how you have outlined with that striking black! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...